Purpose of the blog: Online Presence

In 2011, the Learning Centre at Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand, will provide extra online learning support to both distance and on-site students. We want to utilize the Internet more, and be available over a greater range of hours. The student-dedicated blog to accompany this is USE IT OR LOSE IT!

"Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people" - William Butler Yeats



Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Help with study

Did you know that Otago Polytechnic's Learning Centre now has a Kumamoto branch? Japan is a fascinating place to live (here's a two-minute 'best-of' clip by a fan).



I used to work at the Learning Centre, and still do part time. If you have a quick question regarding your studies, I'm only an email away (4 to 7 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays).

Do realise that you still have Jean and Helen who you can see in person, but I'm here (online) to help, especially with Maths related stuff.

During my down time, I'd like to work on making study resources more available for everyone. That's why I've sent all Otago Polytech students the link to this post. I'd like your help to make online resources more acessible for everyone. Please, if you know of a good website to help with study in any way at all, please send me the link (william.lucas@op.ac.nz). To those of you who use Facebook, please find me there. Could you help me - and your fellow students - by developing the Otago Polytechnic Learning Centre group that I've started? I'm really a beginner with Facebook and could use your input (c'mon, you IT students!) Their chat function seems to be really useful. Also, once I get Skype going on my laptop, I could do with progressing that aspect of my project.

Thanks for reading, and please remember to say Hi :-)

No comments: