Purpose of the blog: Online Presence

In 2011, the Learning Centre at Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand, will provide extra online learning support to both distance and on-site students. We want to utilize the Internet more, and be available over a greater range of hours. The student-dedicated blog to accompany this is USE IT OR LOSE IT!

"Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people" - William Butler Yeats



Thursday, 16 December 2010

Outsourcing myself to Japan


A few months ago my wife and I together with our baby, Sachi, visited the parents/parents-in-law/grandparents in Uto, near Kumamoto in Kyushu. What a wonderful time we had, so much so that we've decided to move there. That has meant that I've had to re-think what I do for a living. For the past few years I've enjoyed being a learning advisor at the Learning Centre, Otago Polytechnic in Dunedin, New Zealand. Could I carry on in some capacity, as Our Man in Japan?

As I see it, there are two main roles that I might occupy:
  • The first is to support students online and at a distance, mainly with numeracy issues, but also with general study advice.

  • The second is to develop and maximize our online resources. Many already exist, but they are not always easy to find or access.

Overview
I see myself working part-time: three or four half days a week I'd use a computer to respond to student inquiries via email, Skype, Elluminate, Adobe connect, Twitter, Facebook, Moodle and the like. Initially I'd focus on a few Schools and Departments: Nursing, Midwifery, Foundation Maths, BMETS etc. Because of the time difference, I'd be available in the evenings (NZ time) when no other staff are available. I might even make one of those days a weekend day. And I'd use my downtime to work on electronic resources.

Needs
To do the job effectively I would need:

  • Laptop computer with microphone, headphones, a built-in web cam plus scanner-printer

  • Appropriate software and licenses (e.g. for Adobe connect)

  • Employment contract (0.2 - 0.4)

  • Contribution toward a yearly 'touch base' in Dunedin

  • Lead-in time to self-train (see below)

  • Recognition of seniority (a combination of Leadership, Research and Consultancy), once the project demonstrates its success (I've been at the Polytechnic for well over 10 years, so it's high time that I apply!)
Contacts
I'm going to have to cultivate and nurture new and existing relationships. Leigh Blackall, Terry Mahler, Tom Bond, Sonny Teio, Sarah Stewart, Helen Lindsay plus numerous contacts I made at the past two ATLAANZ conferences that I attended in 2009 and 2010 (Mike Dickison, Yumiko Oliver-Gray, Damon Ellis, Carolyn Rawlings and others).

Preparation
I'll need to get up to speed using a number of tools: student email, Skype, Elluminate, Adobe connect, Facebook, Twitter, Moodle, Wiki Educator. In short, whatever works.

Time line
From 31 of January, 2011, I shall be on campus to help run the Developing Personal Effectiveness Skills (Mon 7th - Thu 10th Feb). Thereafter, I will be available in a limited capacity for student appointments, but will spend most of my time 'upskilling'. (Jean Monk and Helen Lindsay will staff the Learning Centre in person. I'll introduce my face to the groups of students from whom I expect my clients will come.

Strategic framework
Developing a flexible student learning support arm (to go along with flexible learning/teaching) potentially addresses several aims of the Otago Polytechnic's Students Services Strategic Framework, including:
  • Develop online library of self help resources (definitely)
  • Further develop learner effectivelness study skills into generic online self access modules (probably)
  • Improve our Student Services presence on Moodle, both for staff and for students (possibly)

Peripheral possibilities

If there's time left over, I might look in at:

5 comments:

MicroSourcing said...

Looks like you're on top of things, as soon as you finish the framework, you're set to make waves. All the best.

Leigh Blackall said...

This is solid proposal William, and for sure the institution needs someone roving online to pick up any problems and help out. You might want to broaden the scope of communication tools to encompass Windows Live - seeing as that's the preferred system at Otago, and students too. Talk to Bron about the ration of phone calls (skype included) to general online support. She has research that sets out the optimum.

There is the added role you could play for internationalisation. You could be the Otago man to attend meetings with potential student exchange schools and the like.

I am standing by to offer you all the help you need William. Such a role is inspirational, and one I dream of doing too.

Good luck.

Terry Marler said...

Great work William, I think you have given us all some ideas. Maybe in a few years there won't be anyone left in H block, we will all be dotted over the globe... bags I be Our Man in Ghana!

Nadia Purcell said...

I am a nursing student this year and am super keen to take up the offer william, i already meet with you for math tutoring along with the other timaru students. I think the proposal for us as the timaru co hort to meet up at one place and skype you for furthur tuition when you are in japanis a good idea. thank you for your enthusiasm. Nadia Purcell

Hadashi said...

Hi Nadia. I look forward to speaking with your group on Skype from Japan soon. I'm meeting someone tomorrow to see about a laptop that has a camera.